Visual Horizon Communications is a boutique event staging company that partners with production professionals, experiential marketing agencies, and corporations to deliver creative and technical event solutions. For almost 40 years, we have offered a collaborative and extensive planning approach for corporate meetings, trade shows and events. We utilize the latest in audio, video, and lighting technologies to realize the design of a meeting or event and work with the best in project management to bring each show together seamlessly.
The Project Manager represents VHC to clients and vendors and is responsible for selling, bidding, and managing projects through load-in, set, and strike. In addition, the Project Manager works closely with executive producers, technical directors, and direct clients to achieve the project vision within its respective budget and schedule while monitoring project revenue and margin for the company.
- Manage clients to agree on clear scope, estimate, schedule, contract, and manage the project to that contract, negotiating changes and variations where applicable, with the support of the VP of Production and Operations and the management team.
- Prepare a strategic plan of how each project will be executed by working with the support of the VP of Production and Operations to staff appropriate show and labor crew.
- Collaborate with Production Managers to review and monitor schedules to keep a project on track technically, financially, and artistically.
- Regular contact with the job site to ensure that work is managed, progressing safely, and according to plan, and to act on feedback from the site and troubleshoot any issues.
- Visit the site and check progress as and when required.
- Responsible for logistics, including trucking to and from the venue, coordinating sub-rentals, and scheduling shipments as needed.
- Manage project cash flow, ensuring equipment and labor are managed to limit cash outflow.
- Follow existing business processes & contribute to refining them.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Five years minimum work experience in production/staging, including a solid working knowledge of corporate meetings and events.
- Must possess solid organizational and communications skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
- Display previous experience in building strong working relationships.
- Strong influencing and partnership skills.
- Proficiency with PC and Mac
- Vectorworks Spotlight
To apply, please check out our job posting on LinkedIn!